The Monnoyeur Group: 100 years of service to shape the future
The Monnoyeur Group has 5,500 employees and is a leading retailer and wholesaler of machinery and services for industry and construction.
A Caterpillar dealer since 1929, the Monnoyeur Group has been serving its customers in France by selling, leasing and providing field service for all its products and services.
Monnoyeur Group companies
- Bergerat Monnoyeur and its subsidiaries in Poland, Romania, Belgium and Luxembourg.
- Eneria and its subsidiaries in Poland and Romania
- Magellan in Algeria and Ipso in Romania
2012 : Drawing on its proven experience in wind farm projects, the Group stepped up its activities in renewable energy by creating a new subsidiary, Eneria-REN, which primarily engages in developing anaerobic digestion and gasification projects.
After establishing a reputation as the leading specialist in construction equipment sales, Bergerat Monnoyeur developed its activities in a new and promising field: short-term leasing of construction equipment.
- 1997 : Bergerat Monnoyeur acquired the short-term equipment leasing group, Slevmi, known today as Bergerat Monnoyeur Location, and continued to pursue its expansion.
- 2005 : Bergerat Monnoyeur became Caterpillar’s exclusive dealer in Belgium and in Luxembourg
A leader in sales of equipment for public works with a presence in several market segments, including materials handling and energy, Bergerat Monnoyeur diversified and reorganised its businesses.
1994 : The company changed its name to the Monnoyeur Group and split its “capital goods” business into:
- Bergerat Monnoyeur Travaux Publics, known as Bergerat Monnoyeur CAT since 2001, as its customer base diversifies into sectors ranging from public works to agriculture, manufacturing and construction.
- Bergerat Monnoyeur Energie, today Eneria, a distributor of Caterpillar engines and generator sets.
- Bergerat Monnoyeur Manutention, today Aprolis, seller of Caterpillar lift-trucks.
- Bergerat Monnoyeur International, today Magellan, which provides premium branded equipment in Algeria through Bergerat Monnoyeur Algeria and in Romania through Ipso.
Against a buoyant economic backdrop, the company structured itself and deployed its expertise to enhance field service and meet the specific needs of its customers, multiplying regional facilities and opening its first specialised machine shops (marine engines, lift trucks and mobile cranes).
The 1980s economic crisis hit the public works sector hard but corporate service quality drove the company’s continued growth.
1981 : In 1981, Bergerat Monnoyeur became Caterpillar’s general dealer for Algeria.
The group branched out into the materials handling and energy sectors.
Throughout these years, Bergerat Monnoyeur successfully supported Caterpillar’s entry into new markets in Poland and Romania.
At the time, Caterpillar equipment was in a league of its own in Europe. While offering their customers high-quality machinery and equipment perfectly tailored to their needs, Henry Bergerat and Francis Monnoyeur aimed to extend their services in the form of a major strategic asset: they launched a local post-sales service program to supply their customers with a full array of spare parts and accessories crucial for their businesses.
- 1938 : The company opened its first regional subsidiary in Toulouse. In France, Bergerat Monnoyeur steadily gained a reputation for selling high-quality Caterpillar equipment for public works.
- By the 1960s, the two partners had expanded their regional operations by opening subsidiaries in Bordeaux, Nancy, Lyon, Marseille and Lille.
At the beginning of the century as France entered the industrial era, French companies imported their equipment from England, the only country at the cutting edge of the industrial revolution.
- 1906 : In France, visionary entrepreneur Henry Bergerat founded Hy. Bergerat & Cie with his cousin, Francis Monnoyeur. The firm imported machines supplied by the world’s leading industrial corporations.
- 1929 : Francis Monnoyeur signed a contract making the Hy. Bergerat Monnoyeur & Cie the sole agent for the Caterpillar Tractor Company in France.